7 June 2009

Service will resume in 3.... 2.... 1...

Okay, so I learnt this weekend that I can't write a blog entry when:
  1. drunk
  2. with friends
  3. there are games to be played
So next time I've got company for the weekend I'll try to do some entries in advance :D

This weekend has probably been my longest boardgaming session ever. Starting at about 8pm Friday night with a game of SmallWorld, we finished about 6.30pm today having only really taken breaks for sleeping and eating, we didn't really do anything else!

Dominion really was the big game of the weekend. Played many games of it and even I was surprised just how much fun it was and I'd been going on about it for a while! It really is an amazing game as the different available set-ups make for completely different feeling rounds with greatly varying strategies.

Also got to play a few new games with Mark bringing Snow Tails & Timber Tom, the former a really clever game based around dog sled racing, the latter a great looking mountaineering / hiking themed game that has definite potential but I think I need to have a 4-player game of it before really getting a proper feel for it.

Beyond Monopoly was ace again, the highlight of which for me was finally getting to play Puerto Rico. Despite initially looking overwhelming, it went very smoothly thanks to Robert taking the time to teach us how to play. I'm really looking forward to playing it again now that I have an idea about the tactics and phases.

Brain now feels so very full of game rules I might have forgotton how to do actual useful things like driving and stuff! But was worth it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm mentally exhausted after that weekend, it was difficult to stay awake driving home! Awesome fun though and that's the main thing. Cheers for a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure! :) We're gonna have to be careful not to just geek out the cottage weekend in July and maybe go outside once in a while! ;)

    ReplyDelete