20 June 2009

Brain.... So close to exploding

Today was another Beyond Monopoly meeting, and I arrived just in time to make up the numbers in a game of Struggle of Empires. Didn't really realise what I was getting myself in for, this was by far the most strategic and long running game I've played in a long while clocking in at nearly 4 hours and had a very large number of rules and different concepts to take in. Regardless, it was definitely very enjoyable and made a nice change from the relatively quick games I usually play. It was definitely good to play a game where I had to really think about things and could achieve some kind of world domination. ;)

Straight after that I got involved in a game of Tigris & Euphrates, which despite having a very small rule set is still a difficult game to learn due to the concepts & strategy being very unusual and not really intuitive. Lost pitifully but still enjoyed it and am looking forward to playing it again now I've seen the tactics involved.

By this time my brain was semi-fried, so took on some more casual fare in the shape of Tutankhamen, and Bananagram, followed by the traditional club game of PitchCar.

I feel like I need to watch a dumb action film to clear my mind now, lest I strain something! :)

1 comment: