14 July 2009

Odd habits - overly complex shopping lists


Since taking a break from work, I do a lot of our food shopping. I wasn't brilliant at it, it took me ages and I almost always used to miss some things we needed.

So started doing shopping lists. But I found using a shopping list meant that shopping would take soooo long, as I'd always end up travelling back and forth the same aisles repeatedly getting items one at a time. I'd still almost always forget things too, and using a pen to cross things off was a pain as I'd be constantly putting it in different pockets and having to search for it!

So then I tried doing shopping lists a different way. Starting with a traditional list I'd then write the list out again, but on a A4 piece of paper, putting the items on the page in a way that roughly mapped the location of the items in the supermarket.

Sounds bonkers and overly complicated, but it's amazing how much more efficient it's made my shopping trips.

Reading this back it sounds like something my friend Bytey would do. That's probably not a good thing. ;)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment