8 July 2009

Multiplayer games are great. Shame most people aren't.

It's so frustrating. I love multiplayer online games like Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 dead. I was into a MMORPG for a while too.

Unfortunately at the moment I can't stand 90% of the people playing them. This wasn't always the case, I don't know whether it's got worse due to the technical barrier being lifted, or maybe my tolerance has dropped dramatically in the last couple of years.

Here's my main frustrations:

Problem 1: Kids

Can't we have some kind of adults only tickbox when we're joining games? I don't want to have to put up with someone filling my headset with random high pitched screeching sounds, or shouts for their mum to bring their favourite E-number filled snack treat.

Why are these parents letting their young children play these murder simulators anyway? ;)

Problem 2: Bad losers

Almost every time I play a game online I seem to be put on the same team as the guy who has to flood the chat with the latest injustice that caused him to die. Only a combination of lag, hacks, camping, and glitching can kill the bad loser. It's never because the other guy did something right. Face it guys, unless you're in your teens and unemployed or a student, 90% of the people out there are going to better than you. I've accepted this, you should too. No-one likes a whinger.

Problem 3: Bad winners

You won, congratulations is in order. It doesn't give you the right to really insult everyone in the lobby afterwards. Chances are they're just gonna give you negative feedback. It's just a game so enjoy playing it rather than bragging about it afterwards. Incidently bad winners and bad losers tend to be the same people a lot of the time.

Problem 4: The silent loner

If you like playing online games pretty much solo that's fine, there's plenty of deathmatch based games designed for that. Just don't join objective-based games like Left 4 Dead, and Halo's objective based game types. If you're going to play a team game plug your damn mic in!!!!

I think this is probably my rantiest post yet :D

No comments:

Post a Comment