22 May 2009

Self-indulgent or Public Information service?

So I was having a conversation with my good friend Bytey, who is currently trying an experiment in constant connectivity, (i.e. always being connected to the Internet, feeding back to the Internet with everything he does). He was stunned that despite being very tech-savvy I have never really blogged.

Now don't take offense at this if you're reading it Bytey, but I've never really thought that I have anything to say that anyone really needs to hear.

Taking a while to think on this, I realised that that's not really what it's about is it? Blogging doesn't need to be news reporting, it's just another way of us connecting to each other in this modern age. I don't have to produce a literary work of art each day, or provide links to obscure information squirreled away in the darkest parts of the Internets. I just have to put a little of myself up for people to see.

Currently being self-imposed unemployed (hey I needed a break), I've got plenty of time to play around with this kind of thing.

So here goes nothing. I'm going to try and post "something" on here every day. It might just be a photo and a random comment. Might be a techy how-to. Might just be my thoughts on a crappy film I happened to watch that day. But I'm going to get something on here EVERY day.

at least for today :)

- Nick

2 comments:

  1. Ah you misunderstand me if you think I would take the refernce the wrong way my good man!

    I think you summed it up well, when it becomes a chore then it's not fun to blog. I do it because I find communicating in person even with the closest of my friends a rather difficult task, let alone exploring other topics that people might not associate with me.

    I'll be looking forwards to reading your thoughts, though already they have got me in the right frame of mind to discuss things again on my own blog.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete