24 September 2009

The man who planted trees

For Cat's 30th I got tickets for a few plays from York theatre royal's Takeover 09.On Tuesday we saw the first of the plays, The Man Who Planted Trees.

At first I was a little apprehensive, I knew this was a family play (hell it involved puppets), but the crowd was decidedly... young.

I shouldn't have been worried! The play was utterly beautiful, a wonderful little ecological tale performed brilliantly by the actors/puppeteers involved. They had a fantastic combination of a lovely tale and plenty of silly comedy to keep even the attention of even the shortest of attention spans (I'm talking about the kids', not mine).

Young or old, I definately think you should go see this, especially if you can take some young kids with you. :D

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick, So glad you enjoyed the show :-) We're just about to head off to perform in New York and love the poetic justice of going there straight after Old York. All the best! Elspeth PS Puppet State has a facebook fan page and The Man Who Planted Trees a group - come join up if you fancy it!

    ReplyDelete