4 August 2009

They don't make them like this anymore - EVIL


A friend of mine used my laptop whilst he was over, and when I turned it on I found this on one of the tabs: Rick Dangerous - Flash Remake.

It's incredibly faithful, i.e. totally unforgiving with death often striking from nowhere. There's no way to beat the game but to memorise every trap, every enemy, and get those pixel perfect jumps right every time. Everything that would be flagged up as bad design nowadays.

I love it.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Wooooot! Finally made it to the 2nd level :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick D on the C64... Good memories.

    I have the Win Mo version. My goodness I suck at it. And the pixel perfect jumps get harder when the controls have an extra dose of hate built in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it. It's evil.

    I've got not much further than the start of the second level.

    ReplyDelete